?

Log in

The Poseurs' Journal

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Monday, November 8th, 2004
3:52 pm - kiss...the girl?

brighteyesx
help me gain control of myself =DCollapse )


current mood: bouncy

(comment on this)

Wednesday, July 21st, 2004
12:18 pm
ambulance_____ fuckingxcute_
fuckingxcute_
fuckingxcute_
fuckingxcute_
fuckingxcute_

(comment on this)

Tuesday, July 20th, 2004
10:11 pm

_soundcheck
Join peoplewhorawq
Join peoplewhorawq
Join peoplewhorawq
Join peoplewhorawq
Join peoplewhorawq
Join peoplewhorawq
Join peoplewhorawq
kthnx<3

(comment on this)

Thursday, June 17th, 2004
11:31 am - Shit for me to do

tank_katie_mew
judge meCollapse )

(comment on this)

Thursday, June 10th, 2004
9:46 pm - Duh

sundaystar_
Is anyone actually reading applications?

current mood: apathetic

(1 comment | comment on this)

Sunday, May 16th, 2004
10:31 pm - Join

sundaystar_
<lj comm="xthecoolkidsx">

(comment on this)

Friday, May 14th, 2004
11:22 pm - Hey I'm New Here!

sundaystar_

1. First, post a picture of yourself. Better yet, post a whole bunch. If you have a camera handy, take pictures of yourself in your more unscene clothes. Take pictures of yourself in an avril tie. Or your abercrombie vintage tee - but now that these are my examples, don't do those. That would clearly be you trying to impress us. And if we are impressed, you are OUT. I'm sorry I don't have any picture of me right now...but I will post one ASAP!

2. Now, state your name, age, location, and sex. Maxime Brisebois-Lemelin, 17, Quebec, Canada (I'm a Frenchie!), male

3. List all the music you like that you think is the most uncool. Everyone keeps on telling me that Coldplay sucks

4. Tell us about all your clothes that scene kids do not approve of. People around here are pretty open to everything, but right now everything that isn't "old skool" is not part of the game.

5. State some other stuff that makes you uncool, reasons why we would give you weird stares on the street, stuff like that. Messenger bags. I think people aren't just used to it.

6. Name some names of people who have called you a poseur. Link us to their LJs, if they've got 'em. No one. Is that positive or not?

7. Who have you ever called a poseur? Name names. Still no one. "Poser" isn't a very common word here.

8. Why do you want to join this community? Don't you have better things to do, you jackass? I'm just a fucking fashion whore.

9. Now give your opinions on all of the following things:

Abortion. What is this word? I'm French, sorry.

Censorship. Don't have any real opinion on that.

 Drugs. A bit of alcohol isn't bad, but I wish I had the courage to be a sXe

 "Family Values". Why not?

 Homosexuality. I'm gay and if you don't like it just go fuck yourself

 Gun Control. Guns shouldn't exist. Hopefully there aren't any here.

 Media. Really good thing, except when this turns into a propaganda thing.

 Religion. I seriously think everyone should have something to believe in, but something that is personal.

War on Iraq. Bush should be killed.

10. Are mullets coming back? There's a guy at school that is being paid ten bucks a month to wear it. But still people are laughing at him like hell.


 



current mood: amused

(comment on this)

Monday, March 1st, 2004
2:01 pm

adorkablequeen
where is everyoneeee? ::sad face::

anyways, picture update?Collapse )

(2 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, December 13th, 2003
4:52 pm - yeah, im cool.

_soundcheck
1. My Eyes Are Shiny.Collapse )

current mood: determined

(comment on this)

Friday, November 14th, 2003
12:52 pm - my stuff that makes me unhip

boombanda
1. First, post a picture of yourself. Better yet, post a whole bunch. If you have a camera handy, take pictures of yourself in your more unscene clothes. Take pictures of yourself in an avril tie. Or your abercrombie vintage tee - but now that these are my examples, don't do those. That would clearly be you trying to impress us. And if we are impressed, you are OUT.
i'm not cool enough to have a camera yet. -_-

2. Now, state your name, age, location, and sex.
my whole fucking name??? brittany lynne. my parents won't let me carry their last name. >_> my step dad's last name is lush and i like that. so brittany lynne lush. i'm 15. yes i am!! i'm located in the middle of nowhere (iowa) and i'm a girl. :O

3. List all the music you like that you think is the most uncool.
the hives, fatboy slim, justin timberlake, fanny pack...

4. Tell us about all your clothes that scene kids do not approve of.
bright red pants with a black misplaced button on them.
hot pink turtle neck.
silver pants.
plain, white, worn out, almost disentigrating dr. seuss shoes
"coke adds life to me" red + white shirt
etc.
5. State some other stuff that makes you uncool, reasons why we would give you weird stares on the street, stuff like that.
i kick my feet up in the air out of nowhere, and i usually (well, ALWAYS) fall because of it. i will correct your damn grammar when i want to; it doesn't matter if you were talking to me or not. i'll stand behind you for hours, even if you're not in a line. i'm bad at singing and do it anyway. i talk to babies without the damn goo goo ga ga talking and i have nice conversations with them. i will KILL you if you touch my band-aids. i'm covered in bruises and don't know why.

6. Name some names of people who have called you a poseur. Link us to their LJs, if they've got 'em.
abia, xx_avril_fan_xx (not LJ... just SN), steven, steven's brother, my mom's friend's son, and this bitchy ass "anarchist" chick who works at hot topic

7. Who have you ever called a poseur? Name names.
umm... i once called my friend daniel a poseur, but that's because he's a gangzta.

8. Why do you want to join this community? Don't you have better things to do, you jackass?
... *starts crying* i mean... no, i don't have anything better to do than prove how poseur-ish i am. :D

9. Now give your opinions on all of the following things:
Abortion
if you have an abortion... fuck you

Censorship
too damn much of it

Drugs
i don't do them, but i don't care who does and who doesn't

"Family Values"
yah, my family has THOSE... that's all

Homosexuality
i have a lot of homosexual friends. they're mine. don't touch them

Gun Control
i don't have a gun, so i don't give a damn

Media
LyEk EwWw DeY r GoNa MaEk Us CoNfOrM

Religion
my mom makes me go to a private christian school, so yaaah... >_<

School Prayer
funny thing: in most schools you get in trouble for it, and at my school they MAKE you. school prayer, because of my situation, sucks.

War on Iraq
we should just leave the damn iraqis alone.

10. Are mullets coming back?
how the fuck would i know???

(comment on this)

Saturday, November 8th, 2003
2:09 pm - i guess i wanna join or something

tank_katie_mew
1.

2. Name: Katie (usually go by Kat, however) Age: 16.75 years Location: Newport, Kentucky which is just south from Cincinnati, Ohio... literally like a 10 minute walk to downtown cincy from my house. Gender: I am a chick.

3. All the music I like that is the most uncool? Well that's easy... the aquabats, the pillows, portishead, alkaline trio, britney spears, the mr. t experience, bouncing souls, bikini kill, tsunami bomb, andrew wk, blink 182, Dashboard Confessional, The Who, Lynard Skynard, Thursday, Cursive, The Groovie Ghoulies, AFI, River City Rebels, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Green Day, and so on. I'm also a big fan of my own band, which since we suck we just play so loud and fast that no one can tell. The Paper Street Soap Company is our name.

4. My beloved 4 Tank Girl shirts, my Disturbed hoodie, my extremely old beat-up face Doc Martins that i dug out of a dumpster, my faux-fur and vinyl coat, my "john bender" fingerless vinyl gloves, pink and black vans with star shoelaces, my red Chucks covered in writing.

5. I'm just a tiny bit obsessed with Lori Petty, or more specifically Tank Girl. A lot of times I dress and/or act similarly to her. I tend to make up words when I can't think of the right form of one to complete my thought.

6. Lots of people have called me a poseur. I don't know or care what any of their lj names are, or if any of them even have an lj.

7. I think the only time I've called someone a poseur it was my friend Jackie, but this isn't a rare occurrence for us.

8. I want to join the community because... why not? And no, I don't have better things to do... unless wasting my life sitting around on my ass is better.

9. Abortion: Pro-choice, and might be having one soon. Censorship:"censorship reflects a community's lack of confidence in itself" Drugs: Deaths caused by drugs would probably drop if most were made legal. "Family Values": Republican bullshit. Homosexuality: is a-ok with me. I worked at the gay pride festival last summer Gun Control: is an all the way or not at all thing. I say not at all Media: lies so bad Religion: i disagree with anything that is so self-contradictory School Prayer: see previous answer, also keep in mind that schools make children think the same enough already... then you'll know how i view this. War on Iraq: was truly unnecessary.

10. Maybe they are a bit. I personally got tired of the whole mullet thing when I had my month-long obsession in 6th grade. I kind of have a reverse mullet though... long in the front, shorter in the back. And one of my dream cars is an El Camino, the mullet of cars (business in the front, party in the back).

(3 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, September 17th, 2003
12:50 am - we are looking to form a new kind of army.

thecause
They were tired of paying the price. The arrogant security gaurds. The cocky kids performing music for a capitalism high of of twenty five dollars or more. So if it was above ten bucks they took it to the streets. Mosh pits formed. Crowds resulted. The concert on the inside was nothing compared to the mosh pit on the outside. 1986 killed punk. They reinvented punk. Their way. On the streets.

introducing..



xKxIxOxTxSx
keep it on the streets

Riots in the form of a mosh pit protesting high concert prices and capitalism's ills.

kiots

(comment on this)

Friday, August 29th, 2003
12:26 pm

knaughtykoolaid
I forgot about the mullet question.

[x]MULLETS[x]
I had what you would call a reverse mullet: long in the front, short in the back...
and spiky.
That was rather popular, because as soon as I did it, at least 30 other girls and a couple guys in my town copied that exact hairstyle.
And hockey is a major sport in Canada.
The mullet will last the nuclear holocaust.

(4 comments | comment on this)

Sunday, August 24th, 2003
9:39 pm

knaughtykoolaid


Name: Jen
Age: 18
Location: Illinois
Sex: Female

[x]MUSIC[x]
The Dandy Warhols, The White Stripes, Interpol, Snake River Conspiracy, Elastica, Reverend Horton Heat, The Raveonettes, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, White Zombie, Wesley Willis, Tool, Placebo, Lords Of Acid, Presidents of the United States of America, Lush, Liam Lynch, The Pixies, Poe, Led Zeppelin
[x]CRAP[x]
Dave Matthews, Creed, Brittany Spears, John Mayer, Avril Lavigne, Limp Bizkit, Hillary Duff, Insane Clown Posse, Evanescence
[x]CLOTHES[x]
I wear shirts with products on them.
Tootsie Roll Pops, Trix Cereal, Hot Tamales, you name it. It earned me the nickname "The Walking Billboard".
[x]UNCOOL[x]
I am uncool because I swear in front of the elderly and small children.
I am uncool because I have 8 different laughs, and all of them are annoying.
I am uncool because my boobs are huge.
[x]POSEUR[x]
MY MOM called me a poseur.
MY BOYFRIEND called me a poseur.
PRETTY MUCH ALL OF MY EX-BOYFRIENDS called me fake at some point.
RANDOM PEOPLE ON THE STREET ask me if my boobs are poseurs.
[x]NAME-CALLING AND FINGER-POINTING[x]
THIS ONE CHICK, ELISA LUDEK was called a poseur because she was going out with the guy I liked, and she thought she was so cool cuz she wore a Mr. Bubble t-shirt and bleached her hair orange.
AKAISHA HOWARD was called a poseur because she talked like Bill Cosby and Yoda... AT THE SAME TIME.
PEOPLE THAT DRESS LIKE PUNKS because they are trying to get attention. And I thought I was a punk at that time, so everyone was a poseur to me.
MYSELF because I suck.
[x]ACCEPTANCE[x]
I need closure.
[x]OPINIONS[x]
1. ABORTION - I think that it's wrong, but if a woman wants to do that to herself, she should be allowed.
2. CENSORSHIP - Only for the faint of heart. Some people are still offended by the "f-word", namely old people and Jesus freaks.
3. DRUGS - are for pussies with nothing better to do. Education is cheaper in the long run, plus, chicks dig intelligent guys.
4. "FAMILY VALUES" - Being a family is great; being in a FUNCTIONING family is fantastic. But that's a myth.
5. HOMOSEXUALITY - Love knows no sex. Sex knows no sex either.
6. GUN CONTROL - Guns are for pussies. Whatever happened to a good school-yard-styled beatdown?
7. MEDIA - is only cool if it's not on MTV.
8. RELIGION - People need something to believe it. Why not God or Allah or Vishnu or Zeus... If people quit believing in stuff, WHERE WOULD SANTA CLAUS BE???
9. SCHOOL PRAYER - it beats writing essays.
10. WAR ON IRAQ - MAKE SEX, NOT WAR.

current mood: crappy

(1 comment | comment on this)

Saturday, August 23rd, 2003
7:03 pm - The Poseur Doo.

thecause
Posuers everywhere will be proud to know that I have created the strap on red mohawk to show around SLC, UTah to promote the posuer scene. Inspired by the Mad Max movies this is a poseur trend in of its self. (See My User Icon) The materials to make this great hawk? leather, a belt, mop strings, coat hangers, wire, red spray paint. A mohawk mother would be proud of.

(2 comments | comment on this)

5:22 am

cha0skittie
My info...Collapse )

current mood: tired

(6 comments | comment on this)

8:43 am
systemsdown
gorgeous_sluts




JOIN. Come one come all. Have a blast rating people. We love prettiness. We love people who arn't afarid to show their looks off. Brought to you by XxFireLillyxX, NoneTheMore, JustHateMe, and SleepWalkers . Come all, have fun. Post some pics and your survey that is on the userinfo page.

~Mr. Jack

(1 comment | comment on this)

Wednesday, August 20th, 2003
12:30 am - Are you xcorex?

julietcried
How many scene points to you have?
Go find out by clicking here.

I seem to have 540 which seems to mean "You are a bona-fide scenester, or know more than a few. Weren't you the one at the Locust and Rocket From The Crypt show wearing a Black Heart Procession shirt?."

Oh joy!

(comment on this)

Tuesday, August 19th, 2003
10:58 pm

julietcried
Can you handle this?Collapse )

(1 comment | comment on this)

Sunday, August 17th, 2003
10:10 pm

adorkablequeen
I am thoroughly ammused. discardmediocre denied me, because I'm not badass enough for them. and ya know what? I'm laughing, and happy, because they're uptight as hell if they need to be told that they're cool by other people. scene kids are so hatefull. except a few. yay for not being cool enough.

(1 comment | comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com